OCTOBER 10, 2018
Wednesday, October 10, 2018
4:00 PM to 5:00 PM Workshop (1.0 PDH) Helical Piles
5:30 PM to 6:30 PM (1.0 PDH) Wetlands Presentation
Houston, Texas 77056
(Business casual dress code)
Your reservations are appreciated. Please click below on one of the scheduled times to make your reservation(s) online. If you are unable to register online, please contact Vicky Bonds at Geotech Engineering and Testing, Tel: 713-699-4000 at least 24 hours before the meeting.
Continuing Education Certificates will be provided at the end of the meeting(s) for attendees that are current members and who have preregistered. However for Ethics Workshops, nonmembers who have preregistered will also be given Continuing Education Certificates at the close of the workshop provided a payment of $25 is received (pay at the door, check or cash please).
This technical program is complimentary to you thanks in part to our Room Sponsors:
4:00-5:00 PM (1.0 PDH)
Helical Piles - An Engineered Solution with a History
Speaker : Mr. Christian Gallo w/ GoliathTech
Mr. Gallo's presentation will address the following points:
- What is a helical pile and history of their use?
- Relationship of applied torque and load capacities in helical piles
- Various load capacities of different pile sizes
- Information necessary for determining size of pile and required torque
- Methods for measuring applied torque
- Various uses and implementation of helical piles and benefits of piles vs. concrete
- Certifications and code compliance of GoliathTech Piles
- Request for Geotechnical Engineers to include helical piles as an option along with concrete belled piers
5:30-6:30 PM (1.0 PDH)
Recent Developments in Wetlands Regulatory Program
Speaker : Mr. Jim Coody, P.E., Wetlands Professional Services
This presentation will provide a brief overview of the federal wetlands regulatory program, and summarize the 2015
Clean Water Act rule and proposed wetlands regulations under the Trump Administration.
Jim Coody is a Professional Engineer and President of Wetlands Professional Services. He has
over 30 years' experience in wetlands and related environmental regulatory issues that affect
land-use permits and approvals. Mr. Coody has presented on wetlands and related regulatory
issues to associations, municipalities and small groups in the Greater Houston and Dallas-Fort
Worth Metroplex areas and was featured in the March 2016 issue of Houston Builder